Be Adventurous!

Follow our family on our daily adventure on this thing called "life" as we try to be God's hands and feet to the world around us. Matthew 28:19-20







Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day 2009

First of all...


Free Clipart



As I am sitting here typing currently, my two girls are making themselves breakfast. When did they get old enough to make their own breakfast! The time has flown by extremely fast.

It doesn't seem like almost 14 years ago when I became a mom for the first time. A couple of young kids having a kid is what it truly was. She was, and still is, a precious gift that two young kids didn't quite know what to do with. Two years later, I became a mom for the second and last time to another precious bundle blessed by God. I am truly blessed by both of my girls.

On Mother's Day, I am also thankful for my own mother who is across the country this morning probably still asleep in her bed. She is a great mom. We have had our ups and downs as most mother-daughter relationships go, but we still love each other. I don't take my relationship with my mom lightly. Having the possibility of losing her twice to cancer makes me treasure every day I have the ability to talk with her. We talk at least once a week on the phone just to catch up. Not much changes in a week, but it is nice to hear from her.

The other mom I would like to honor is my mother-in-law. She is a great lady. She welcomed me with open arms into her family. I never had to question whether she liked me or if I would fit into their family. I want to thank you for raising a great son. He is a pain in the neck at times but I love him dearly. He is the guy that everyone likes to be around. He is a great leader, great friend, handy man, thinker and dad. You did a great job with him and you should be proud! He is a great man! I wish we lived closer so he could spend more time with you, but know that he loves you.

To my sister, sister-in-law and friends, treasure those precious babies you all have. They grow up too fast. There are times I wish I could go back and spend some more quality time when my girls were younger. I let some of those days fly by too quickly without taking time to really enjoy them. Now with my girls enter high school and middle school my time with them is short and I am realizing that more and more.

I have no idea what the rest of the day holds but I wanted to make sure I took the time to acknowledge all the mom's in my life and the one's who made me a mom!

Happy Mother's Day 2009

No comments: