Be Adventurous!

Follow our family on our daily adventure on this thing called "life" as we try to be God's hands and feet to the world around us. Matthew 28:19-20







Sunday, July 5, 2009

Off to camp



OK...I have to laugh at this graphic for this post. KA hates the Jonas Brothers and Camp Rock, but it is the only thing that came to my mind when I was typing this post. It's not like it's her blog! ;)

This afternoon I put KA and Mr. A on the church bus to head off to camp for a week. They aren't going to far, about 1 1/2 away, but far enough to have an adventure. This is KA's first youth camp. She went to Kid's camp back in the 3rd grade and I about lost it. She had never been away from home for more than an overnight with friends or family. Today was much better. One she is older and two Mr. A is going to be on the campus. Trust me he will give her more than enough room to spread her wings. He would practically ignore her if that is what he needed to do to make sure she had a great time.

I know KA will have a great time once she gets there. She is my cautious child. She has to analyze everything. She is not one who likes change or disorder and unfortunately that is all camp is. Luckily we had a schedule of events by day and walked her through what would be happening so she could at least have an idea and won't be caught too off guard. Hopefully it helped and did not scare her more. I just want to make sure she makes friends how will stick by her and not cause drama. She really needs some good girlfriends. Some of the best friends I have were established in the youth group and I want the same for her. I hope she can break free of some of her fears and withdrawn side long enough to meet some really great people whom she can have a great time both now at camp and when they return.

Poor AJ is stuck at home with me. She is not eligible to attend youth camp until next year. I thought we could have a girl week watching HS Musicals, Jonas Bros, etc, but so far she has no interest in that. We will see how the week will progress.

Since they can't have cell phones (or any other electronic devices) I wil have to let you know what happens when they return on Thursday. Keep Mr A in you prayers. He is going to be extra cautious but I am praying that his back will cooperate and not cause any problems this week for him. He is not doing any of the activities but is going more as an extra hand to help the youth pastor.

I hope camp rocks for both KA and Mr. A. They both could use this time!

No comments: