Be Adventurous!

Follow our family on our daily adventure on this thing called "life" as we try to be God's hands and feet to the world around us. Matthew 28:19-20







Friday, September 12, 2008

Then Sings My Soul - Desert Song



I heard this song one week as I was browsing around on You Tube. This song just stuck with me through the week. I know alot of people are going through difficult times right now with the economy, medical issues, divorce/separations, the list goes on and on. I have heard more and more requests for God to show up. I know people feel like the have been left in the desert, but know this is just a season. It may feel like there is no help - no oasis in the middle of the desert, but God has not left you. God is faithful. You are in this alone.

When you feel like you can cry anymore tears, when you have screamed and shouted with what seems like no one is listening, turn to praise. When you feel like there are no more words to say, start praising. I cannot tell you how many times I have cried during worship not just a release for me, but a surrender to God. I can't do it on my own - show me the way. Show me the way out of this desert. I love the "bridge" of this song, to me it says it all:

"All of my life
In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship."


Also when I praise God, I turn the attention from me and my problems and focus my attention where it should be in the first place - ON HIM! I hope you enjoy this song as much as I do.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

This was a great song, and I agree with you there does seem to be a lot of strife and difficulty these days.