Be Adventurous!

Follow our family on our daily adventure on this thing called "life" as we try to be God's hands and feet to the world around us. Matthew 28:19-20







Thursday, May 6, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday, Jonah

Happy 2nd birthday to the cutest little miracle around!

This baby has been through so much in his first 2 years of life! He was born 6 weeks premature. He has a syndrome called Denys-Drash that he was diagnosed with almost a year ago. Unfortunately with this syndrome he can get a cancer of the kidneys called Wilms Tumor so as a precaution the doctors removed both of his kidneys in Decemeber 2009. He is now waiting for a kidney transplant. His father, my brother-in-law, looks like he is the best canidadate unless another kidney comes in. They are hoping to have his transplant in the next few months.
Despite all this he has been through, he is a happy kid! He is always on the go. I have to laugh when I talk to my sister-in-law. Most of the time I hear, "Jonah, don't climb on that. Jonah, put that down." He is a typical 2 year old and I am so happy about that.
I was able to have breakfast with them when I was out there in March. He the the king of cheese! His smile is infectious. My sister-in-law says the nurses adore him. They let him get away with murder because of his personality.

They are having a party for him this Saturday and it is a medical theme. "Dr. Jonah" is in charge. The colors are green which is the color ribbon you would use to promote kidney health. I am so proud of his parents. They have been through the ringer and have come through stronger. We weren't sure how they were going to do when the original diagnosis came in but they are handling everything like champs. They have their moments, but Jonah is their priority!

Just want to say we love you little man! We wish we could be there to help you celebrate!

No comments: