Be Adventurous!

Follow our family on our daily adventure on this thing called "life" as we try to be God's hands and feet to the world around us. Matthew 28:19-20







Thursday, May 27, 2010

To my best friend


My best friend without a doubt would have to be my husband. Today we celebrate another milestone in our marriage - 15 years! We have had an amazing adventure together as husband and wife. I couldn't imagine doing life with anyone else.
Even from the engagement things have been a little different. Me being the girlie girl I am (yeah right) gave him a hard time from the word go. He made me dress up for our dinner out - requirements were a dress and heels. This did not make me excited at all. I had just gotten off work, changed and then we headed to the beach. This added fuel to the fire! I was starving and I did not want to go walking around in heels on the beach or cove. When he parked the car I told him I was not walking all over the place. This made him change his plan. We started walking for the cove and I told him I was not moving another step - we could see the seals from where we were. Poor guy wanted to go to the benches overlooking the cove so I could sit down and he could get on his knee and propose but I was not going to move another inch.

We began talking and he looked at me and said "Will you marry me?" My response "Yeah, yeah." I thought we were just talking about the future. I hadn't really caught on to what was going on. I was expecting an engagement but not for at least another 6 months to a year away. Mr. A had always made it a point not to actually ask me to marry him even while joking because he wanted those words to be special when he said them. Of course he had just said them and I blew it off. We began talking again and he asked again, "Will you marry me?" I said, "Yeah," still not quite catching on.

Finally he pulled out the ring and said "Do you want to wear this now?" My reaction, "You were serious?!" He replied, "I can put it back." Obviously he didn't and we went on to get married 14 months later.

So as you can see the poor guy has had to put up with a lot in the 17 years together and 15 years of marriage. However, I wouldn't change a thing. It is us and good or bad, we will always do it together.



Love ya babe!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWE! I love your engagement story :)