Be Adventurous!

Follow our family on our daily adventure on this thing called "life" as we try to be God's hands and feet to the world around us. Matthew 28:19-20







Sunday, May 30, 2010

Memorial weekend was memorable

I am trying to catch up on things with my blog so my apologies to the mass attack of posts to come!

This Sunday was a huge day for our girls and their walk with Christ. Both of my girls were water baptized on Memorial Sunday. Some may wonder why they weren't baptized before this. My answer to this is I wanted the decision to be theirs and I wanted them to have an understanding on why this is so significant to them personally.

The girls have always expressed an interest when they saw those in the church being baptized. For me I know it was the thrill of the moment because it was never mentioned again until the next baptism. However, Ky has really grown in her walk recently and has really been looking for Christ on a deeper level. She had been praying about it and felt like God had been telling her to be baptized. Once she explained this to me and said that she didn't care if her sister was baptized on the same day as her because this was between her and God, I knew that she was ready. Also anytime she doesn't care if her younger sister does the same thing as her, I know her motives are true (coming from a mom of two girls who can't do things the same way or same time if at all possible).

AJ has been hounding me for months about being baptized. I knew in my heart that her desire to be baptized was pure. She has a heart for worship like none other that I know. She wants to honor Christ in everything she does.

The special part of the baptism was Mr. A and myself were able to stand right next to the baptismal and witness it closely. Mr. A was given the option of baptizing the girls himself but declined due to his back. This was the next best thing! I loved being right there with my girls as they made this personal step in their walks of faith.

We celebrated with a fun lunch with friends who adore our girls and were as proud of their decisions as we were! What a great way to celebrate this momentous occasion in their lives.

Ky and AJ, I am so proud of the "women" of God that you are becoming. I pray that you will never know a day without Christ by your sides. We all make decisions that change our lives and the decision you made to be baptized was one of those decisions. Dad and I could not be more proud of you both!

No comments: