Be Adventurous!

Follow our family on our daily adventure on this thing called "life" as we try to be God's hands and feet to the world around us. Matthew 28:19-20







Monday, July 26, 2010

A Child's Milestone - Sushi??



Ky has always wanted to try sushi. I am not opposed to it, I just don't know a lot about it. We do the basic - california roll and crunchy roll, but other than that I didn't want to waste my money on something we just wouldn't like. On one of the last days that the family was here, my sister and I took the girls out for sushi for girl time.

It was nice to have my sister, who eats sushi often, to order for us. She gave some suggestions and let Ky really take the lead. AJ was not interested at all. We ordered a couple of rolls that we knew she would like and a bowl of wonton soup but after that we ordered for the rest of us. We tried yellow tail, red snapper, octopus, scallop and a few different rolls with eel, etc.

The verdict - Ky has decided she loves sushi! I have decided I like it a lot. Some of it is mind over matter, but all-in-all I really enjoyed it. AJ has decided she wants her fish cooked if she eats fish at all! We will definitely have to go back and do it again now that we know basics to order.

Are there any other suggestions for sushi beginners?!

No comments: