Be Adventurous!

Follow our family on our daily adventure on this thing called "life" as we try to be God's hands and feet to the world around us. Matthew 28:19-20







Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Any other tech-dinosaurs out there?

Sometimes I feel like the cool mom. Someone who knows her stuff. I feel I am up with current trends and latest buzz but when it comes to technology, I guess I am a dinosaur.

While my husband is the biggest computer geek around, I am not. Even while saying that, he does not own much of what he researches or works with when doing consulting work. We have our 2 Macs at home and a dying laptop that we lovingly call "the frisbee." We have older tvs none of which are flat screens. We both bounce around on Facebook. I obviously have a blog that I attempt to keep up to date. I just starting using Skype last month after much prompting by my parents -yes, my parents used Skype before me. How sad is that?!

I would love to be one of the ones on twitter telling people about my day or any little adventures I go on but I just don't have the technology nor the willingness to go out and buy it. My cell phone is used for phone calls and texting. I don't have mobile access due to the cost. We are on budgets and that just isn't in the budget at this time. It has a camera but it takes ok photos and the ones that I have taken are still in the same place they were when they were taken - on my phone.

I see all these posts on twitter, FB and blogs with all of these cute updates and massive amounts of pictures chronicling the day's events of my friends as I sit here in awe. Part of me wants to join in the fun too. There are so many times I wish I could post something right there in the moment of the event when all the emotions are still in play.

The other part of me knows I would become obsessed. Is that really what I want to do with my time?

For now, I am the techno-dinosaur. You can reach me by blog, email, text, phone or even by....wait for it - snail mail!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You get actually text in your tweets to twitter and it will post to your twitter account :) That's what I do.