Be Adventurous!

Follow our family on our daily adventure on this thing called "life" as we try to be God's hands and feet to the world around us. Matthew 28:19-20







Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Introduction

This is my first time posting using a blog spot! I love reading people's blog spots and had fun for the last few months following my sister and her husband on their trip through Europe on their blog spot. I helped set up our church's blog spot, so I thought I would give it a try for our family to help keep family member's in other areas up to date with what's happening.

Why adventurous? Well our family seems to have an adventurous life style. No we aren't jumping off cliffs (like my sister) or hiking some great mountain. We are "adventurous" in the fact that we left our "home" and everything/everyone we knew in California three years ago and moved to North Carolina. Why...because God called us. To do what, we didn't know. We had no jobs, no friends, no family (with the exception of an uncle and aunt who lives 3 hours away) but we obeyed and moved. That first Christmas in NC our Christmas letter was all about our "adventures" driving cross country, buying our first home, getting settled, culture shock, and just our day to day adventures as we started this new time in our lives.

Here we are 3 years later with jobs, house (that we are trying to sell) and we have finally found out what we were called to do. We are helping plant a church in the Garner/Clayton area of NC (which is why we are selling our house - to move closer to the church area). The church's name is Adventure Life Church. No we didn't help pick it out, but it does seem to fit us very well. It is a small congregation (6 families so far), but I can't tell you how excited we are. We are tired - I had no idea how much work goes in to starting a church, but happy! Yes, there are frustrating times, but all in all, I am excited to see where this "adventure" is leading us.

For friends and family, I am going to post pictures occasionally, but this will be a place that you can come and check in on us and see what is going on with our lives. I haven't been great about writing letters or emailing so I figure this might be the next best thing.

Thanks for taking this "adventure" with us!

No comments: