Be Adventurous!

Follow our family on our daily adventure on this thing called "life" as we try to be God's hands and feet to the world around us. Matthew 28:19-20







Thursday, June 19, 2008

God speaking


Things around here have been crazy between work, church, family, housing, health issues...I just feel like I can't hear God. I know I have been so busy that I haven't stopped and listen. Also I think there is so much going on that God is probably trying to say something but I can't hear it because of all the noise.

That is however until yesterday. God spoke to me from the time I got into my car. It started with the song that came on after I started the car. It was Laura Story singing "Mighty to Save." That song has become my anthem in the last couple of weeks. I just love her version of the song...I like Hillsongs too, but there is something about the way she is praising that just helps me worship.

After that song was done the scripture verse spoken was:
Philippians 4:13- "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."

Not only did this scripture help me yesterday but that scripture verse has special meaning to me. It was our youth group's scripture verse after our friend, Christin, was murdered. It was her favorite verse. After her passing, that scripture gave our youth group hope and something to stand on.

Then there were some awesome songs of just worship. They basically said that God was here and He is in control.

The next scripture that came on air happens to be one of my favorites from Matthew 6:25-27 stating:

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"

OK...God smacked me in the face with that one! I am worrying about everything but I have to remember who is in control. It's definitely not me! God is in control and everything is about His timing and His ways. I think I am letting go but apparently I haven't as much as I thought.

God forgive me for trying to take control of things that I shouldn't. You are in control and I love you. I trust you! I completely trust you! Thank you for speaking to me through all the noise. Help me to remember to be quiet and listen to your voice. And if I can't seem to let the noise go, smack me in the face like you did yesterday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome post, tricia! I will never forget those awful years in youth group...but I will also always remember how god moved in incredible ways... and he's still moving because of it all!!!