Be Adventurous!

Follow our family on our daily adventure on this thing called "life" as we try to be God's hands and feet to the world around us. Matthew 28:19-20







Friday, November 21, 2008

Please pray for Betty & her family

Mr. A & I met Melissa and her husband Larry when we first arrived here in NC. We have kept in contact through moves, changes in church, etc. Melissa and Larry have a house full of kids. They are foster parents and have adopted numerous children. They really are a special family.

I am asking for prayer for my friend Melissa and her mom, Betty. Betty is dying from cancer that has invaded her body. She has decided to postpone radiation until she is able to visit with all of her grandchildren and great-grand children. She wants them to be able to see her healthy and strong. Below is the list of the email prayer requests sent out by the family.

Please pray for this family. Please pray for a miracle! God is bigger than cancer. I know first hand. My mother was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer throughout her body and is now in remission. Also pray that the family will be able to get through the holidays so they can make many precious memories to hold on to.

11/20/08 PM - She left the hospital today and went to RED LOBSTER! lol she wanted shrimp. She has refused to do radiation until she can come here and spend time with her kids and grand kids. My sister and her husband and my brother and nephew are all coming here for Thanksgiving.
We are going to HONOR our mother's life with a performance for her and she will be blessed!! We are going to take a family portrait - we haven't had one in years ! If you are local and want to see my mom and honor her life and let her know how she has touched your life, please let me know and I will let you know when to come over! If you are not local and want her to know how she has touched your life email , message me, send a video - anything you want and I will make sure she gets it! I want her to know how many lives she has touched BEFORE she has a funeral! ! ! !!!!!

11/20/08 AM - well, the cancer is in her lungs and lymphnodes and she is too sick for Chemo - her heart couldn't take it. So the only treatment is radiation - no surgery - again her heart couldn't take it. She is refusing radiation right now until she can come here ans spend some time with me nad her grand kids and great grandkids and she wants us all to remember her strong not weak from radiation. The doctor would not give her a time frame - her words were that it is up to God it could be today it could be a month. When my mom asked if she would be here Christmas the doctor said she could not answer that. I am trying to not be selfish and trying to let go, but man is it ever hard! I told her on the phone today that I did not want her to suffer and I would let go if she was ready and she said she is ready but not quite yet not until she sees AJ and sees Sydnee and Aiden and all of my k ids again and spends some time telling us all how much she loves us and how wonderful we have all made ehr life! She is truly a wonderful wonderful woman!!!! If you know her you know that and if not trust me she is wonderful!!! I will keep the updates coming, and just know that your words of encouragement are getting to her with pretty flowers and backgrounds - my sister is awesome like that! And keep the prayers coming!!!
Thanks and love to you all,
Melissa

10/19/08 AM - Just wanted to let you all know that I am copying your messages and words of encourgement to my AOL email and emailing them to my sister. Then she is printing them out with nice backgrounds and borders if I know her :) and she is taking them to my mom in the hospital. So please keep them coming and I will keep emailing them. You are all so wonderful and I cannot say enough how much I apprecciate your prayers and words! She did tell me today that she has AnenoCarcinoma but the origin is not yet known. It is near near her lungs but her lungs wee able to be "flushed" with a cutting edge procedure and they are clear of cancer, but they are not sure if the lung is the origin or if the breast is the origin. We should know more tomorrow after test results from yesterday and today come back. I will keep you all posted! and again thanks so much for the encouragement and prayers!
Love to you all,
Melissa

10/18/08 - Hello everyone! We need another miracle from God regarding my mom. She went to have a pace maker and defibrillator put in and all went well. She went home and then back to the hospital the next morning with severe chest pain. The pace maker and defib. were fine so they started running some other tests and saw that her lymph nodes were swollen and they did a biopsy on a lump there. They came in today to tell her that she has cancer in her lymph nodes and lungs! She does not have a plan of action tonight - the oncologist is supposed to come in and see her tomorrow. I am asking, again, for prayers for my mom! I cannot believe that God brought her back to us to have her go through this! Please pray for a swift miracle! I am trying hard to keep the faith, but this is one of those times I could really use my friends really holding my family and I up in prayer!

Thanks in advance,
Melissa

1 comment:

Pam Mattick Art and Stuff said...

I am praying for Betty and her family. The Lord is so very good to us. The following is from Streams in the Desert:
It Must Be Bought

"On all bare heights shall be their pasture" (Isa. 49:9, RV).

Toys and trinkets are easily won, but the greatest things are greatly bought. The top-most place of power is always bought with blood. You may have the pinnacles if you have enough blood to pay. That is the conquest condition of the holy heights everywhere. The story of real heroisms is the story of sacrificial blood. The chiefest values in life and character are not blown across our way by vagrant winds. Great souls have great sorrows.

"Great truths are dearly bought, the common truths,
Such as men give and take front day to day,
Come in the common walk of easy life,
Blown by the careless wind across our way.

"Great truths are greatly won, not found by chance,
Nor wafted on the breath of summer dream;
But grasped in the great struggle of the soul,
Hard buffeting with adverse wind and stream.

"But in the day of conflict, fear and grief,
When the strong hand of God, put forth in might,
Plows up the subsoil of the stagnant heart,
And brings the imprisoned truth seed to the light.

"Wrung from the troubled spirit, in hard hours
Of weakness, solitude, perchance of pain,
Truth springs like harvest from the well-plowed field,
And the soul feels it has not wept in vain."

The capacity for knowing God enlarges as we are brought by Him into circumstances which oblige us to exercise faith; so, when difficulties beset our path let us thank God that He is taking trouble with us, and lean hard upon Him.
Blessings,
Pam
http://faithfolk.blogspot.com