Be Adventurous!

Follow our family on our daily adventure on this thing called "life" as we try to be God's hands and feet to the world around us. Matthew 28:19-20







Monday, January 26, 2009

So where have I been?

It has been awhile since I last blogged.

OK...it's been a long time since I last blogged. I just really haven't taken the time to sit down and write like I use to. I have been just relaxing which I haven't done in quite a while. I have also been doing something I haven't done in a really long time...READING.

I am not what you would classify as a reader. I like a good story, but I rather see the movie most times. I know...lazy! One of my favorite authors is Nicholas Sparks. I got hooked on his books after watching the movie "Walk to Remember." I began reading his books and absolutely love every one of them. I can pick up one of his books and usually finish it within 1-2 days. After that book is complete I usually am at a lost for what to read next.

However during some time off at Christmas, I picked up a book series that most of my family finished years ago. In fact, the book series I have is my grandmother's copy. It is the Zion Covenant Series by Bodie Thoene. I had started book one at least twenty times through the years, but this time I forced myself to stick with it for the first few chapters. It took me a couple of days, but I finally found my self enjoying the characters and storyline. Once I did that, I finished the book in a matter of days. I picked up the second book and finished it in two days. The third in three days. I am slowing down with book four, but I am still really enjoying the story.


I didn't realize how much I really do love to read. Once I can connect with the characters, I am lost in their world. I found that I really do like that escape every once in a while. I curl up on the couch with my blanket wrapped around me and tune everything else out. I can't believe how fast the time goes by. I think it has been only 1/2 hour but it is 2-3 hours later. My poor family couldn't find me sometimes. I would just hunker (yes, I just said hunker) down in a corner of the couch and just would just lose myself in the book totally oblivious to what was going on around me.

I am making a promise that I will continue to read, but I promise to blog too! It was a nice break, but I really did miss the connection with those ladies I follow and talk with. Hopefully you missed me too!

No comments: