Be Adventurous!

Follow our family on our daily adventure on this thing called "life" as we try to be God's hands and feet to the world around us. Matthew 28:19-20







Thursday, August 14, 2008

Cheap and Easy Recipes



I am looking for some quick, easy and healthy receipes. I have been in a rut when it comes to what my family eats. I am also looking for something that is inexpensive. With prices on everything skyrocketing, anything to save money without skimping on flavor and family appeal would be appreciated.

I had thought about doing the thing where you prep all your meals on one day and freeze them. But I only found one cookbook/guide that I kind of liked, but I wasn't sure if there was one that someone had tried that they liked that would be better.

Basically, I need help! My family pretty much will eat anything. I don't really have picky eaters which is helpful to me.

Any receipes? Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

For inexpensive, you can't beat casserole type dishes.

This however is a quick skillet dish. I got this from my sister, and make it often.

Sausage Stir Fry

Skinless Sausage (2 large/long links)
slice & cook according to directions.

In another pot cook some instant rice. I usually make 6 servings.

Once sausage is done, add a package of frozen stirfry veggies. (Hint I usually defrost/ partially cook in bag in microwave a couple minutes while sausage is cooking.)

When rice is done add to sausage and veggies. Mix together. Top with a little bit of Parmesan cheese, let melt. Serve.

I usually serve with some fruit, and a roll to create a 'well balanced' meal.

The younger kids like it, they think the sliced sausage is a big hot dog slice.

ENJOY! I'd love one of your favorite recipes too, if you wouldn't mind. :) (I'm always looking too.)