Be Adventurous!

Follow our family on our daily adventure on this thing called "life" as we try to be God's hands and feet to the world around us. Matthew 28:19-20







Monday, August 18, 2008

Do you belive God heals?

I believe God heals the sick, the worried, the fearful and the lonely. I have seen it first hand on the mission field, in my life and in the lives of those around me especially my mom. Having watched her go through cancer and the fight she knew was not just flesh and blood, but spiritual too.

She would go into chemo with 3x5 cards full of scripture verses on healing, faith, God's promises. She had friends and family fill out these cards with scriptures that spoke health and life that began to heal her spiritually while she was going through the healing of chemo. She would pray before chemo was started, then would sit and read the scriptures or have someone with her read the scriptures to her as she had the chemo start. I do this for any friend that I hear of that is going through chemo.

When she was going through her stem cell and bone marrow transplants, she would have scripture printed out in large font and stuck to the walls so no matter where she looked in her room there was encouragement through the word. She lived on those promises of God. She knew that God was faithful! She was such a testimony on her floor.

I know that the power of the word of God is better than any medicine out there on the market today. Don't get me wrong though...I believe God has blessed many men and women with the skills to treat and help those of us who are sick. Luke was a physician in the Bible (Corinthians 4:14). I believe that medicine is necessary, but don't do it alone! The word of God is health, healing and life.

Yesterday at church we sang a "new" song by Hillsong called "Healer." Oh my...the story behind the song is so powerful! I am including it below. There is nothing impossible for Our God!

Healer



The story behind the song

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your mom is an absolute inspiration!!! she teaches us all true faith adn how to fight the battle. thanks for sharing these songs.

Anonymous said...

he does heal, but sometimes he chooses to not...for reasons we just don't understand. My family is finding joy in the midst of tragedy, right now, as Barbara's story is being shared with the world and because she loved the Lord with all her heart! be blessed my friend.