Be Adventurous!

Follow our family on our daily adventure on this thing called "life" as we try to be God's hands and feet to the world around us. Matthew 28:19-20







Monday, February 11, 2008

Fun weekend

The girls and I had a fun weekend. We went with some of our kids from Adventure Life to the Kids Ablaze Worship Explosion on Friday and Saturday. It was for students who wanted to learn more about different types of worship and avenues to express their creativity. Friday night was more of a get to know what is going on and Saturday was all the practical hands on learning.

The worship was extremely fun. I have been singing "Big God-O" for the last few days. We were able to dance, sing, jump around and have a blast worshiping. I know the kids have missed it too. At Adventure Life the kids are in with us during worship, but there is something about singing songs with goofy actions yet still having a great message.

On Friday night, Randy Thompson did a great talk about the kids not have a "small attitude." Just because they are kids does not mean they cannot do great things for God and the kingdom. It was really good.

Saturday we were able to go to our groups - KA and I went to clowning/balloon sculpture and AJ went to Drama I. KA and I learned how to make balloon hearts, dogs and swords and AJ learned a human video where she was the lead.

After both the morning and afternoon sessions, they had a showcase for all the parents and family to come see what had happened. Let me tell you our kids rocked it. Some of the kids from Adventure Life were in the black light puppetry group. That was awesome! It looked like a ride at Disneyland with all the characters dancing and singing.

But the highlight was watching AJ as the lead in the human video. SHE ROCKED IT! WOW! I was blown away. This song was perfect for her and she was amazing. I just wished we had a video camera because it was amazing. I have lots of pictures which I will have to post later.

If you ever have the chance to go to the worship explosion done by Kids Ablaze, it is well worth it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for reading my interview :) And thank you for the encouraging words!!! MY OH MY, you guys have had some tough moments lately!!!! I'm thinking of you!!!