Be Adventurous!

Follow our family on our daily adventure on this thing called "life" as we try to be God's hands and feet to the world around us. Matthew 28:19-20







Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day = Pizza and a movie

Well, I am glad I don't take Valentine's Day too seriously!

Mr. A & his dad got stuck at the VA until after 6 pm yesterday. They went in around 11 am. They had to review his chart, do a CT scan and on and on and on. Poor Mr. A & his dad didn't even have lunch. Mr. A said they got something out of the vending machines at one point...M&M's, a pop-tart and some kind of granola bar made of pretzels!?

He was the one going to pick up the flank steak w/mushrooms so when he called at 4:45 and said that they were still waiting for something, I knew I needed to just call in for delivery. Hello Papa Johns?! Pizza was delivered, sodas and chocolate lava cake mix was picked up and home I went.

He called around 6:15 and said they were on their way to the parking garage. Mr. A & his dad didn't make it home until after 7 as the VA hospital is at least 45 minutes away from our house. They had microwaved pizza as it had been delivered an hour before. I didn't make the lava cakes as they need to be eaten right out of the oven to have the desired effects. Oh well...the girls and I had a blast watching movies and eating hot pizza.

I hope your Valentine's day was memorable for the right reasons! I love the quote that won on my friend (Christelle) Beloved Mama's blogspot contest http://www.belovedmama.blogspot.com/. It was about "Embracing the moment." I love that!

It isn't always about the special days, but about the every day moments that we need to grasp on to and treasure! Those goofy times where everyone is laughing but they don't remember why they started laughing in the first place. The cuddle times on the couch when your teenager wants you to play with her hair as she lays her head on your lap. The winks in the kitchen as you and your husband pass each other for the 100th time that day with out being able to stop and talk. Those are all embraceable, irreplaceable moments.

If you haven't had any moments to embrace or treasure today, try and create one with those you love. It might be acting goofy with your kids and seeing the laughter in their eyes, it might be gentle touch between you and your child or you and your spouse, or it might be calling someone you haven't in a while and hearing the smile in their voice as your begin to catch up.

I am going to make it a point to have an embraceable moment with my family - treasuring the small things and letting go of the stuff that isn't important.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the quote too, especially because of the circumstances of the lady who stated it :0)