Be Adventurous!

Follow our family on our daily adventure on this thing called "life" as we try to be God's hands and feet to the world around us. Matthew 28:19-20







Thursday, May 22, 2008

Steven Curtis Chapman and family

I was shocked to hear today that, Maria Chapman, the youngest child of Steven Curtis Chapman and his wife, Mary Beth, was killed in a tragic accident at home. Their youngest daughter was killed when an SUV, driven by her older brother, hit her as he was backing out of the family driveway.

This story has struck a cord wih me as I have followed the Chapman's journeys of each adoption as international adoption is something I have always hoped to do or support. I am especially been interested in Chinese adoption. Steven Curtis Chapman and his wife have really brought international adoption to the forefront especially in the Christian community. They are truly heros of mine and I know to many others out there who have adopted or are in the process of adopting especially from China.

Once the website is back up and running, please check out the family blogs. There are some cute photographs and videos of the family together. I really hope they don't strip those items off, but I can understand if they do. They are such great parents who absolutely love their children. I love the videos of the three younger girls with Steven. You can see the true love of a father in his eyes and the unconditional love of a child with a parent. It is just precious. I also love the laughter and goofiness of the girls. I miss those memories with my own girls and now wish we had more videos of them at those ages.

My heart breaks for the family, but especially for that young man. I cannot imagine what he is going through. It was an accident, a tragic accident, but that doesn't take away the guilt he is probably going through whether we want to admit it or not. I know that his family has got to be helping him through this, but when we do something wrong, the devil likes to throw it back in our face! He likes to play that rewind button over and over again in our minds and hearts. I am just praying that he is able to let God take away the anger, hurt, guilt and whatever else is going. I am praying that God just help guide him step by step through this time and surround the whole family with a peace that surpasses all of our/their understanding.

Please join with me and pray for the Chapman family, especially for her brother. Also if you want to do something in lieu of flowers or gifts, the family is asking that contributions be made in memory of Maria to their foundation Shaohannah's Hope

1 comment:

Addicted to Beadz said...

This is a great song! This family surely needs all our prayers at this time. Have a very blessed and safe weekend!