Be Adventurous!

Follow our family on our daily adventure on this thing called "life" as we try to be God's hands and feet to the world around us. Matthew 28:19-20







Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Happy Anniversary - 13 years and still going strong


Today is our 13th wedding anniversary. I can't believe it has been 13 years. It doesn't seem that long at all. I am not saying that things have been rosey by any means, but whatever we faced, we faced together.

Our life has been an adventure to say the least. We don't always do things the easy way. Not only did we start a marriage off young, three weeks later we added our daughter KA to the mix. Yes, you read that right...three weeks later. We had wanted a long engagement so I could get some more schooling under my belt. About 9 months into our 14 month engagement, we found out we were expecting a little girl in about 5 months. After we absorbed this information, we decided to keep our original wedding date. I knew I would be huge, but that was the date we had set, and we pressed on.

That day was a great day of celebration. We had 310 people show up in support for us at our wedding. We come from big families, but an even bigger home church. I had been dedicated at that church of 2000 and Mr. A had been there since middle school. Our original guest list was around 700, but that day we were surrounded by our closest family and friends. That day was surrounded in prayer and love. To this day, we still hear that our wedding was one of the best that many had been to. There was just something about that day that was the best...and I have to agree. God was there. There was also so much love and support that day from our family and friends that you could just see and feel it everywhere.

13 years later - 2 kids, moving cross country, ups and downs, craziness and sadness, joy and laughter - there is only one person who I have ever wanted to spend this crazy thing called life with.

Mr. A - you know you are my best friend in the whole wide world. I don't know what I would do without you. You make me nuts at times, but I would rather be nuts then not have you there by my side everyday!

No comments: