Be Adventurous!

Follow our family on our daily adventure on this thing called "life" as we try to be God's hands and feet to the world around us. Matthew 28:19-20







Sunday, July 13, 2008





Beloved Mama sent me over this beautiful tree of happiness... I can't wait to plant it on my blog! The rules of the game are to list 6 things that make me happy and then to send off 6 trees for others to plant on their blog...

1. My Savior - Yes, i know that will probably seem like the obvious answer for #1, but truly Jesus makes me happy. In this crazy world where nothing seems to make sense and everything is about things in the pit of despair, Jesus is my joy!

2. My husband, Mr. A - This man can bring a smile to my face just thinking about him. 13 years of marriage and he can still make me blush and turn all gooey inside. He truly is my best friend.

3. My 2 girls, KA & AJ - They can drive me batty with all the fighting they do, but I wouldn't change them at all. We are getting into the real moody, hormonal times right now, but they can be so much fun too! They do make me happy...

4. The Beach - Growing up in So. CA, the beach is where I went to think, hung out with friends, just live. I don't miss going there everyday, but when I am there, the smell, the wind, the sand between my feet is home. The beach is a minimum of 2 hours for us which makes it more special now. When I do see and experience the ocean, it takes me back to all the memories I had growing up.

5. Sunrise/Sunset - Give me a colorful sunrise or sunset and I am in heaven! The only thing I am missing on my house is a front porch/back deck where I can have a rocking chair and watch. Sometimes when I see the colors of a sunrise/sunset I am just breathless. I especially love a sunrise/sunset at the beach, but I do also love a good summer night with the sun going down and the fireflies coming out. That has become my new summer favorite!

6. A good bonfire with friends - Again this all goes back to #4 & #5, but I love bonfires. For our anniversary my husband asked me what I wanted and I told him a bonfire with some friends. Unfortunately we are in some of the worst drought conditions ever so that made it impossible, but I love a good bonfire or fire pit with friends talking the night away. Add some Smores and it makes it even better! I am trying to convince Mr. A to make sure we have enough space to put a fire pit in at our next house.

3 people to pass this gift on to:

1. Melissa
2. No Crying Mama
3. Tula Mommy

No comments: