Be Adventurous!

Follow our family on our daily adventure on this thing called "life" as we try to be God's hands and feet to the world around us. Matthew 28:19-20







Monday, August 23, 2010

Exotic food weekend

This weekend was a fun one with my girls. We chilled out since this was the last weekend before school started.

The weekend started on Friday night with Ky having band practice with the youth department. AJ and I headed to the grocery store to pick up some things to get through the next week. When we got back to pick her up, the group had decided to go out for ice cream after rehearsal. Talk about fun! We had fun coversations with friends, a nice evening and the best ice cream. I had Graham Station - Graham cracker ice cream with chunks of graham cracker and chocolate pieces. AJ had white turtle - vanilla ice cream, pecans, carmel with white and dark chocolate. I don't even remember what Ky had but it was good too! Update: Ky had Butter Pecan! My classic girl through and through!

Saturday night we decided to have Indian food. We found some naan and other Indian food items at Trader Joes. Let me say, it was so yummy! We ate our food while watching our favorite Bollywood movie - Bride and Predjudice. That was so much fun and something we will definitely do it again!

On Sunday, we decided to do sushi. Ky had been looking forward to this for awhile. AJ wasn't as excited until we told her she could have something else other than sushi. She settled on Sesame Chicken while Ky and I did a sushi plate special. It was the chef's choice of 5 pieces of negri. Luckily it was all stuff we had tried before and liked. We left stuffed and were so happy that we were able to do that as a special treat!

We had such a fun weekend eating our way through it. I can't wait to do some of these things again. I am so happy that my girls aren't picky for the most part and are willing to try new things. I am so thankful for their adventurous spirits with life!

No comments: