Be Adventurous!

Follow our family on our daily adventure on this thing called "life" as we try to be God's hands and feet to the world around us. Matthew 28:19-20







Sunday, March 30, 2008

Acquire the Fire



WOW! AWESOME! AMAZING! LIFE CHANGING! REFRESHING!

I can seriously go on and on, but my brain is still trying to take it all in! We had an amazing time this weekend with our youth group at ACQUIRE THE FIRE. It was an awesome, spirit filled event. I had been looking forward to this for the past 6 months (when we purchased the tickets); actually I had been waiting for it for 15 years.

The last time I attended Acquire the Fire was in 1993 when I returned home from a missions trip that was done through Teen Mania Ministries which is also in charge of the Acquire the Fire events. All of us who had gone on the missions trips were able to go to the first night of the event which was amazing. It was a great way to finish up a life changing summer.

I had always wanted to send our youth groups to the event, but ATF didn't come out to the west as much as they do now. Plus our church was really plugged into other local and district events with our denomination. So I waited...

Last year our daughter, KA was able to attend an ATF with another youth group. I was unable to attend as a chaperone, but she had an amazing time and came back wanting to go again. When we became leaders of our youth group now, I knew I did not want to miss out on ATF.

This year did not disappoint! I loved the entire weekend. What was even better was our youth loved the entire weekend. From the worship (Unhindered), to the bands (David Crowder, Stellar Kart, Phil Joel, Group 1 Crew), to the speakers (Ron Luce and Mike G.) and the amazing, life awakening drama - this weekend was blessed. Our students left with the challenge to let their voice be heard. What a powerful and often forgotten God given tool - our voice. And it doesn't have to even be our words - they taught the kids to use their voices by making movies, videos, art work, poetry, writing - whatever talent the Lord gave you to use it!

I will be posting some video from some of the events here later, but if you have a youth group at your church, look into going to this event. It is truly life changing for both the students and the leaders. Check them out: http://www.acquirethefire.com/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so cool!!! I love hearing about things like this!!!

Melissa said...

Marlee said she had an awesome time as well. I can see some changes in her already! Praise God for ATF and all the youth events that reach out to our teenagers!