Be Adventurous!

Follow our family on our daily adventure on this thing called "life" as we try to be God's hands and feet to the world around us. Matthew 28:19-20







Saturday, March 8, 2008

Know & Tell Friday (well better late than never)


Through the Ultimate Blog Party, I found this great Friday "Know & Tell Friday" on ToKnowHimJesus. This is a great way to get to know a little more about me and a great way for you to tell me a little more about you.

Question 1
I have been blogging for a year this month, so my question is what made you start your blog?
I started blogging last fall (Oct/Nov 2007). I started blogging because I helped my pastor start a blog for our church. He wanted a way to pose questions and have people talk back to him. He was going to do it on myspace but I thought he would get more traffic and the ability to pose more indepth thoughts on a blog. (www.adventurelifechurch.blogspot.com)I have also been interested in international adoption for years and have followed many families on their blog journeys to their children. Blogging seemed like such an amazing way to connect with people.
Question 2
Do you speak another language? If so, why or how did you learn it? You think I would with how much Spanish I have taken. I took two years in Jr. High and 3 semesters in college. Growing up in San Diego, I should have gleened some insight. I understand Spanish but I cannot speak it to save my life.
Question 3
Morning person, or night owl (or somewhere in between)? I like to think I am a night owl...I typically go to bed at 11 pm and get up at 6 am (for work). However, when I hang out with the youth group at church, I find that I am neither a night owl nor a morning person. I guess I would have to say somewhere in between.
Question 4
Do you exercise on a regular basis? Ha Ha. That would be a no. I really want to for my health and to lose weight. I am no where close to the weight I was when I got married. I am really trying to make that my goal this year. I am planning on training for the 3-day Breast Cancer walk but I am not sure if I am going to participate due to the timing of the event. But at least I can train.

Bonus Questions
Question 5
If money were not an object what is one thing you would like to do for another person? My husband and I talk about this all the time. We would buy his mom a house of her own. She has lived in an apartment since I met her 15 years ago. She misses living in a home of her own. If we could we would pay off my parents house too.
Question 6
What is one of your favorite attributes of our Lord God? He is faithful. When others let us down around us or even if we let ourselves down, He is the same yesterday, today and forever! I know that anything I am going through, He is going to be faithful to do _______.
Question 7
Have you ever thought about adoption or foster care? YES! As I said in question #1, I follow many blogs about Chinese adoption. It is just facinating to me. I cry with them, I laugh with them, it is just an awesome experience to say the least. I think if we had made the decision earlier, we probably would have adopted when the girls were smaller. But now, it just doesn't seem like the right time. My husband says no more kids. It doesn't mean I can financially support some. My husband & I are big supporters of Royal Family Kids Camp (www.rfkc.org) which send children in the foster care system to a week at camp. Not just any camp, but a Christ filled, loving, life-changing camp. I love this ministry with my whole heart!

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Thanks for your party. Enjoyed it. I'm going to mention to our pastor about the blog. I think that's a neat idea. Come on over to my party.

Lesley
www.pillowcasetalk.blogspot.com
www.pillowcasegram.com