Be Adventurous!

Follow our family on our daily adventure on this thing called "life" as we try to be God's hands and feet to the world around us. Matthew 28:19-20







Thursday, March 6, 2008

THE ULTIMATE BLOG PARTY - Mar 7-14th

Ultimate Blog Party 2008

It's time to party! I am joining the Ultimate Blog Party. It's a one week event to get your blog noticed and meet some new people.

For those of you who have found my blog via Mr. Blinky and the Party Blog, let me take a quick moment to introduce myself.

My name is Trish. I am a thirty something mom of two almost teens, wife to an amazing man who is my best friend and I work full-time outside of the home.


This blog was set up originally to help keep family and friends "back home" up to date with our lives. We moved from CA to NC 4 years ago and all of our family is still in CA. We called the blog "Our Adventurous Life" not because we are daredevils by any means, we just think of life with our Heavenly Father a huge adventure!

Thanks for checking out this blog. I will post more "cool" party things when I get the time!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way cool!!! I'm joining the party too!!!woo hoo :0)

mzzterry said...

Hi Trish,
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I have 2 girls & they are 4 yrs apart. You ask me if I had any *tips* for you about raising two almost teens.......I thought about this for a while!! I think some of the best advice I got (and followed) was to "pick your battles" with your kids, combined with "don't sweat the small stuff"!!!!!

I found there were a lot of teen issues that just really didn't matter enough to me to be a big issue in our household. For instance, my oldest went thru a stage where she did some funky stuff with her hair. But, its just HAIR, ya know?? It was her way of making a statement & it didn't matter to me. We could have fought over it but I just let it slide, and eventually she got bored with that and moved on to something else. But in the BIG issues, my kids knew there was no arguing (like they had to go to church on sunday mornings, they had to be respectful,etc).

Also, they have told me since they have grown up how many times it helped to use me as their way out of a situation. I told them is they ever didn't want to do something, go somewhere or just felt unsure about something the *crowd* was doing they could always say "no thanks, my MOM won't let me and she always finds out!!" I guess it must have worked!

I didn't mean to write a book! But I loved the teen years, we had a blast. just be sure you CONNECT with them every day, talk & listen. And, of course, pray & let them know you pray, it makes a difference!!

God Bless You!

Unknown said...

Nice party, turn the music up! Its loud over at my blog! Come on by, in or out of costume at my blog party! Grab some food, have a drink, read, and enjoy!

Love your blog!

DEB

Rebecca said...

Hi, Trish! I hopped in to check out your party -- I'm fashionably late! ;^) Seriously, I started out the party week with great intentions to visit every blog. HA!!! On Tuesday, when the blog count went over 1000 I packed it up. I only made it to about the first 300 before all the names started to blur together! Blog overload! Anyway, it's nice to meet you! I've cleaned up a little over at my place (styro cups and such all over the place after my party) so come on over and have a cup of coffee or tea if you'd like!

Blessings!

BTW, I like your blog. Simple and classy!