Be Adventurous!

Follow our family on our daily adventure on this thing called "life" as we try to be God's hands and feet to the world around us. Matthew 28:19-20







Thursday, March 20, 2008

Thankful Thursday




I find this almost amusing this week as this has been my heart for the past two weeks. Sunday night, our pastor let his wife and the two elders wives run the Palm Sunday service. We were passionate about a few things we wanted to do for the service: Learning the names of God and having a heart of worship and thanksgiving.

We had testimonies, worship, dance and then I got up to lead a time of thanksgiving. I started off with this scripture:
Psalm 9:1-2
"I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart;
I will tell of all your wonders.
I will be glad and rejoice in you;
I will sing praise to your name, O Most High."

We are a small church and have so much going on to be thankful for. But not only as a church but as individuals. In this week of Easter, we have so much to be thankful for. Jesus gave himself for us. THAT IS HUGE...HUGE! If you have nothing else to thank Him for...that is enough.

What I am thankful for this week:

My husband was transferred to a job closer to our church and where we want to move

Our friends are fully employed after 9 months without jobs

My father in law found a home that is within his budget and will be moving out on the 24th

My children are healthy and doing well in school

The lines of communication at home are doing better - we are all willing to talk and listen to each other

My Jehovah Jireh (The Lord Who Provides)is providing things that we could never even have thought of

My Jehovah Shalom (The Lord our Peace) has made this week the best week ever!

I could honestly go on and on! I have been reminded through these last few weeks of studying and "practicing" that we need to praise God for everything. We are a blessed people and we have a lot to be thankful for! We all have times where we are in a storm and can't seem to find something to be grateful or thankful for but that is when we need to thank Him the most. It is the little things - a beautiful sunrise/sunset, a child's laughter, tears, flowers, clouds - these are all His creations.

He is worthy to be praised!

No comments: