Be Adventurous!

Follow our family on our daily adventure on this thing called "life" as we try to be God's hands and feet to the world around us. Matthew 28:19-20







Friday, March 21, 2008

Know and Tell Friday

I can't seem to get the graphics to work, but here is the link and information.

Here is today's "Know & Tell Friday" on ToKnowHimJesus. This is a great way to get to know a little more about me and a great way for you to tell me a little more about you.

Question 1
Do you color your hair (give me some background info on this one)? Yes! Unfortunately the genetics in my family run gray - both grandmothers fully gray in their 20's, Dad had gray in teens. I did not want to color my hair, but when you 20 something and you start having more gray than color, you start coloring. I typically go dark brown with red undertones. I would love to do high lite/low lites, but haven't found anyone I trust to do something like that.
Question 2
What is one thing that you do with your family (or by yourself) to celebrate Easter? We really don't have a set of traditions. We do some Easter basket or Easter gift for the girls. We all go to church and do something different for lunch - salmon, etc. We use to celebrate with family when they were closer, but we are so far away now (cross country) that it is just a phone call.
Question 3
How old was your oldest living relative (still living or in the past)? I think it was my grandmother - in her 80's. I know I have some great aunts and uncles who are still alive, but I have no idea how old they are.
Question 4
What is one thing that can be a "time waster" to you? Sadly....TV. I am a tv-holic. That is my relaxation. I can tune everything else out and just veg. Unfortunately, it is just that - unplugged from everything else in the world.
Question 5
Most annoying bug? Misquitos - They are big and nasty here! My husband must have "sweet" blood because if there is a misquito around, they will find him.
Bonus Questions
Question 6
What does Easter mean to you? That my savior loves me so much He died for me! But the awesome thing is He is not still dead and in some grave - He is alive! He is not still in that tomb where we would go visit as a memorial, I can have a personal relationship with him (and I do!) That is the most awesome thing to me - that God cared enough to die for me and is risen and wants to have a personal relationship with me. It can't get better than that!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Lucky. You must live down south? It's Easter, and I'm looking out my window, and it's snowing in this part of Indiana. YUCK. Thanks for sharing the pictures and giving me something to look forward to! Happy Easter! Blessings ~Sharon~ (A/G Blog Ring)